Age should never come in the way by acting as an obstacle for women who are confident enough to have the desire to represent attractive features. There aren’t a lot of things that one would require to look attractive, regardless of what age or gender they belong to. The most killer combination for anyone would perhaps be a flattering haircut coupled with an equally pleasant-looking hairstyle. The internet is filled with numerous short hairstyles for women to choose from. The best part about short haircuts for women over 70 is that they make you look so much younger!
Let’s face the reality – we, as humans, are always looking for numerous ways through which we can change our hairstyle. No one enjoys pulling off the same look for years and years to come. Yes – it is always advisable to stick to something familiar to us and we know that the look will suit us no matter what. However, it is just as important to experiment now and then as well. For the longest time possible, short hair was looked down upon. The majority of the women prepared to maintain long hair because there were so many different styles to choose from. For example, you could tie it in a ponytail but also separate it while you braid the hair.
It is fun to play around with strands of your long hair too. Yes, we do have a bunch of advantages to follow through with this as well but long hair is never going to be as adventurous as short hair. Remember the days when you were a kid and that was the time when you hated spending time in combing your long hair, the same thing applies when you are turning 70. You don’t have all the time in the world to carry on with things as they are when you’ve turned 70. That is why we have compiled a list of top short haircuts for women over 70 that will ball you over.
Let’s Take a Look at Some Must-Follow Tips For You To Maintain Short Hair:
- Avoid Using Your Fingers: You’re lucky because short hair does not need to be as frequently combed as long hair. Besides, it is highly advisable to comb your short hair as less frequently as humanly possible. It would, therefore, be enough for you to brush through your short hair using your fingers. You can easily give your hair the shape it requires by using your fingers.
- Opt For A Bristle Brush: There are times wherein you will ultimately have to make use of a comb to brush through your hair. In such a case, you should opt for a bristle brush. If you prefer a sleek style then it is better if you blow-dry your hair and make use of the bristle brush to give it the much-needed volume.
- Avoid Using Heating Tools: There are so many different hairstyles that you can try out with short hair and the best thing about them is that you won’t need to use any type of heating product for the same. It’s best if you avoid using heating tools that chances are higher that your hair might get damaged along the way.
- Use Products That Add Texture: It is quite natural for a short hairstyle to automatically reduce the volume of your hair. In this case, it is best if you find the right products that will help in adding texture to your hair. Products that have texture in them, essentially help in getting the right style and maintain the health of the hair.
- Maintain The Health Of Your Scalp: Do not give your hair strands all the attention. Make sure you give your scalp just as much attention. If the scalp is not cleaned properly, then there are chances for irritation and dryness to take place. Make sure that you exfoliate your scalp well while you’re having a hair bath.
- Schedule A Trimming Routine: Short hair does not require to be trimmed quite often but make sure you establish a trimming routine that you can follow. You should get your hair trimmed once every four to six weeks. It will not only help you get rid of any frizzy ends that might develop as a result of using different hair products but it will also give your head the right shape it requires.
- Wash Your Hair Regularly: A common misconception among many in this generation is that washing the hair too many times might cause the hair to fall often. However, that is not the case. Instead, the opposite is true. You must wash your hair regularly, especially with short hair because chances are that they might become greasy over time.
- Use Cold Water To Wash Your Hair: The best way to add a bit of gloss to your hair is by using cold water while washing it. The cold water will also help in soothing the heat damage that has been done to you while you are showering. However, you must not brush your hair too vigorously while washing it under cold water.
- Dry Shampoo Is Fine: If you do not have the time to wash your hair regularly then it is best if you purchase a dry shampoo for it. It is important to ensure that your locks remain rejuvenated at all times. You can easily eliminate the greasiness with the dry shampoo as well.
- Invest In The Right Products: You must invest in the right products when spending money on your hair because the right product will make the difference. It can either destroy your hairstyle completely or give your short hairstyle the smoothness that it needs.
Best Short Hairstyles For Women Over 70
Tapered Pixie Bob Haircut
Do you want to add a bit of spiciness to your hair? The tapered pixie bob haircut is the thing for you. It is slightly longer on the front and shorter on the backside, which is perfect to accentuate the whole look. It will give your head the shape that is required to be given as well.
Shaggy Bob Hairstyle
Inspired by the artist that goes by the same name, the shaggy bob hairstyle is among the top voted short haircuts for women over 70, especially because of the comfort and ease that it has to offer. Not only will it be voluminous but it will also end up looking extremely fashionable.
Pixie Bob With Bangs
A pixie bob with bangs is the classic short women’s haircut. While the shortness of the hairstyle ranges from person to person, it does suit everyone — regardless of their age. The famous fashionista, Victoria Beckham made it popular and it is time for you to carry the bate forward.
You may think that most men would be able to show spikes off but that isn’t true. If you have enough confidence, you can easily carry your spiky hairstyle off with style. Your salt and peppered look will look beautiful with the hairstyle.
Perfect Wavy Bob
As you can already understand, different types of short bob haircuts for women over 70 are now trending all over the internet. Be it straight, curly, or wavy – the bob hairstyle is in. A round or even a skinny straight face can easily carry off the perfectly wavy bob.
Short White Hairstyle
There are only a few lucky ones who’d not end up with some gray strands of hair at the age of 70. If you do have more than just a few gray strands of hair, how about you consider making them completely white? short haircuts for women over 70 with white hair will make you look classy.
Related: Short Haircuts For Plus Size Women
Short Textured Pixie Cut
The short textured pixie cut is ideal for those who don’t wish to get rid of the volume of their hair. It is obvious that at the age of 70, you might not have the same quality of hair, as you would have when you were around 20. You want to be able to maintain the texture of the hair but also keep a short haircut, then the short textured pixie cut is your answer.
Short Bob For Straight Hair
Short bob for straight hair is the kind that has been cut just between the ears and exactly above the shoulders as well. There are many different ways through which the hairstylist can give you a short bob haircut, however, an angled or inverted one is the best kind that will suit those who have straight hair.
Blonde Hairstyles For Thin Hair
You may even consider coloring your hair. Simply choose the color blonde and we assure you that you won’t regret it. Before you go right ahead with it, please make sure that the blonde suits the complexion of your skin.
Feathered Pixie For Thin Hair
Be it straight or thick, dense, or even coarse, the feathered pixie hairstyle for thin hair has the capability of making you stand out in public. There is a lot of vibrancy in the style that the head follows. You can even later grow it out into a constant hair flow of bangs if you’d like.
Short A-Line Bob With Bangs
For those who are unaware, a short a-line bob is the kind of haircut that is shorter on the backside but gradually grows longer as it is extended to the front side of the face. In this type of hairstyle, the angle of the cut ends up beginning from towards the neck region and grows straight up to the chin and shoulders. The best part about an a-line bob cut is that it can suit any face shape.
Short Layered Hair With Highlights
The idea of highlights usually excites most but imagine getting highlights on short strands of hair at the age of 70! You will rock it. There are many different highlight options that you may settle on, including blue, red, copper, or even silver.
Short Sleek Grey Hair
At the age of 70, if you have a sharp jawline that can cut through glasses then perhaps, a short sleek hairstyle might be like the cherry on top of the cake. It will make you look classy and represent your personality as the kind that carries superior confidence.
Gray Pixie With Purple Highlights
Purple is an eccentric color and when combined with gray, it has the power to look glamorous. It is a deadly combination and the question is – are you willing to try it out? To make you feel comfortable with this idea, just remember that if you don’t like the look, you might as well go back to your normal hairstyle.
Pixie With Undercut
We have thankfully arrived at such an age wherein you don’t necessarily need to worry about whether everyone will judge you for choosing what are considered to be society-approved, young hairstyles. You can try out the wild undercut even at the age of 70 and the right people will accept and appreciate your look with open arms. Just try it!
Short Curly Hairstyles For Over 70
It is not recommended that you perm your hair at the age of 70, as the widely-led belief carries forward with the time that perming can seriously damage your hair. While, to a certain extent, that is true. However, at a relatively younger age, it is simple to take care of the damaged hair. At an age like 70, it is best not to experiment too much. However, if you do have naturally curly hair, then the internet is filled with an abundance of short curly hairstyles for women over 70 that you can settle on. Some of the options include the curly bob, the curly pixie, the curly straight cut, and so on.
Cute Bowl Cut For Women Over 70
As the name already suggests, the bowl cut does look like the hairstylist probably made use of a bowl, to draw out the hairstyle on top of your head and trace it out to provide you with a similar haircut. Regardless of how funny this description may sound, be assured that the bowl cut looks highly adorable for women over 70.
Short Feathered Haircut For Thin Hair
If you are 70 years old and have thin hair, then it is not something that you should be worried about. What you also don’t need to worry about is what hairstyles you can try out with thin hair. The short feathered haircut is your answer. There are many different ways you can style haircuts for women over 70, especially given how well it falls on your face. You may even make use of hair accessories to perfect your look.
Layered Bob For Fine Hair For Women Over 70
A layered bob is the kind of hairstyle that can be cut in many different types of lengths. The top layers are usually cut shorter, in comparison to the hair that is situated underneath, i.e. the back-side of the head. The bob hairstyle, as you can imagine, doesn’t only look beautiful but is timeless by nature. It has been going on for centuries and will continue to be considered as one of the best hairstyles. A stylish bob hairstyle can suit every shape and size.
Bleached Pixie Hair For Women Over 70
You don’t necessarily need to bleach all of your hair, you can choose to bleach just portions of your hair and let it the rest remain the way it is. At the same time, you can also start looking through the different books to understand what kind of a hairstyle you really would like to choose, while you are at it.
As they rightfully say – “Time and tide wait for no one.” While this may be true in our case, as we tend to age and no longer have the youthful glow. However, that shouldn’t stop one from trying out different hairstyles. Even at the age of 70, you can rock something as cool as a blonde pixie haircut. It all depends on how confident and comfortable you feel with it. Besides, short hairstyles have a bunch of advantages. For example, short haircuts for women over 70 are easy to maintain and gives you an extremely airy feeling too.
The best part about short haircuts for women over 70 is that it is easy for one to simply fall back onto their “safe hairstyle.” If you feel like it doesn’t work out for you, you can grow your hair out quickly as well. At the same time, if this fear stops you from chopping your locks off, then there are many different reasons as to why you don’t have to hesitate while getting this haircut. Some of the most important reasons include the fact that it will help you feel empowered and it will be a healthy choice. So what are you waiting for?