Most women love curly hair at some of the other points in their lives. The inspiration may stem from watching Beyoncé rock those thick, black curls while performing to all the ‘single ladies’. We can go through a great extent to sport those short curls – be it twirling, twisting, curling or even perming. Let’s not talk about those who sport naturally curly hair. They don’t even know how blessed they are! Point being – there is something extremely attractive about short hairstyles for black women. It’s perhaps their secret towards looking distinctive, sharp and sexy – all at the same time.
The best part about this is the fact that there are numerous ways to successfully pull off short curly hairstyles. What’s more? When it comes to styling and coloring it, there is a wider range of options for you to choose from! Let’s take a look at the top short hairstyles for black women:
Top 10 Tips To Maintain Short Curly Hair
Whether you’re opting for the curly blonde hairstyle or the nape undercut, there are some tips that you must follow to the T! Following given are the haircare tips to maintain short hairstyles for black women:
- Use Products Specialized For Damaged Hair: If you naturally curly hair then it is a different matter. However, if you’ve made your wavy or straight hair into curls, then there is a high possibility that your hair might be prone to damage.
- Avoid Shampooing Your Hair Every Day: If you have curly hair, it is best you shampoo your hair twice or thrice a week instead of every day, as if you shampoo your hair every day, it might end up looking frizzy.
- Your Hair Will Need Deep-Conditioning: It is important for you to deep condition your hair, as soon as it starts to feel frizzy or dry. The deep conditioning method will help smoothen out your hair.
- Detangle Your Hair From The Bottom Up: Always gently detangle your hair from the bottom up rather than combing your hair from the top. Also, you should opt for a wide-tooth comb-over any other type of brush to thoroughly comb your curly hair.
- Avoid Split Ends With Regular Trims: This is relevant to every type of hair. You should get rid of your split ends with regular trims.
- Try Out The Pineapple Trick: Loosely gather your hair at the highest point on top of your head to ensure that the curls remain tight when you wake up the next morning.
- You Can Even Use The Curling Iron: If you wish to refresh your curls, then there is no harm in using the curling iron now and then.
- Choose The Diffuser Method To Blow Dry: If you wish to evenly disperse your hair, then scrunch the curls and use the diffuser while you blow-dry your hair.
- Avoid Anti-Frizz Serum: Use little or no anti-frizz serum on your curls. The same applies to moisturizers or creams that you might use on your head.
- Use Heat Protectant: If you plan on flat-ironing your hair, then make sure you use a heat protectant before you do so.
Best Short Hairstyles For Black Women
Short Red Hair With Curls
Gone are those days when you needed to be a spunk to sport short hair. In the list of curly hairstyles for black women, short hair tops it all. Not only is it practical but is also very much in trend. The messy strands gently falling on your cheeks will give you a cute, just-out-of-the-bed look. Give the ‘I woke up like this’ expression and there is no one stopping you from owning the look.
Curly Faux Hawk
Those who are blessed with naturally curly hair can opt for the curly faux hawk. It is a unique way through which you can provide the much-needed texture to your hair while also ensuring that they are manageable by you. However, please do keep in mind that this type of hairstyle will most ideally suit those who sport wavier curls. It’s easy to maintain such curly hairstyles for black women with short hair with the help of a lightweight mousse or pomade.
Short Shaggy Hair
The distinctive ‘Shag’ hairstyle has been outshining any other type of haircut since the early 1970s. It’s rebellious and let’s not forget that it is ageless too. Shaggy hair for short hairstyles for black women can bring the vintage out of you while also making you look relevant to the current age and time.
Short Pinkish Curly Hair
It may come across as something hard-to-imagine but short pink curly hair can easily be rated as one of the best short hairstyles for black women. If you are the type of person who likes to stand out from the general crowd, then you must settle in for this type of hairstyle. Besides, it will ooze the cuteness out of you.
Short Curly Bangs
From the time Natasha Lyonne debuted in Netflix’s ‘Russian Doll,’ it was quite evident that 2020 was the year of short curly bangs. Imagine gorgeous spirals falling gently on top of your head! Bangs – be it of any style are a sure commitment. They are a dose of unpredictability that everyone should be willing to take but after a lot of thought and research has been put through. So be sure of consulting a trusted hairstylist before you decide to settle on this one.
Short Purple Curly Hair
Purple hair looks good on any type of hair or style and if you are looking for curly hairstyles for black women with short hair, then this is surely the glam approach. It is considered to be yet another approach for those who wish to flaunt their rebellious side. The color, in general, gives off quite a cool sensation, owing to the “coolness” of it but you can try adding hues of red or pink if you feel like it. It is entirely up to you.
Short Curls With Highlights
When your short curls are highlighted poorly, it can make you look quite dull and frizzy. However, when your hair is given the right touch, it can add to the drama and define your curls even more. It is an art more than science and if you want those ringlets to pop, go right ahead for it! There are a few important things to consider such as the style and the texture of your hair before you go right ahead.
Sassy Short Curly Hair
Sassy short hairstyle for black women with curly hair is yet another option to opt for. While there is a range of different flattering short curly hairstyles to settle on, however, in this case, the shorter your hair is, the less weight it is on your curls. With this type of hairstyle, you end up providing your hair more volume, movement, and life. What’s more? These hairstyles are low maintenance by nature and super classy, so you don’t have to worry about them going out of style.
Pixie Cut For Curly Hair
Many times women who sport textured hair are sometimes led to feel that they might have to let go of their long locks because they might look unflattering on them. It might end up creating a mess of their beautiful curl patterns. The thickness of their hair may come across as unruly too. During times like these, turn to pixie curly hairstyles. For black women with short curly hair, the right cut and color tricks can do wonders. You will not regret settling in for an asymmetrical pixie or a pixie-bob.
- Sexy Short Haircuts For Plus Size Women
- Pretty Blonde Hairstyles For Women
- Beautiful Short Hairstyles For Women Over 70
Side Part Short Curly Hair
Are you looking to sport short hair but also want to provide high-volume to your curls? Pair your hairstyle up with a deep side part and you have yourself a winning look! Whether you’re headed to the office for work or are planning a girls’ night out on the weekend – this look is ideal for all occasions.
Finger Curls For Short Hair
Finger curls are not such a new thing. They have been around since the jazz age. For the longest time possible, people ignored the fact that such a look even existed. However, gladly enough – this style is back on track. It is very easy to comb all of the curly hair in finger curls too. There are guides and video tutorials online that will help you through the process of getting finger curls or you can take the help of a stylist. Either way – you should try out the finger curls at least once.
Short Side Curly Hair
Short sides but with curly hair on top can be a good way for black women to highlight the texture of their hair while styling out the curls as well. This is one of the top-rated short hairstyles for black women with curly hair because they give a clean and fresh look. They also minimize the need to tame unruly hair.
Short Curly Hair Ponytail
Ponytails were once only understood to be worn when going to the gym for an intense work-out session. However, that is no longer the case. They have now taken a modern turn. In the list of curly hairstyles for black women, the short curly ponytail actually makes a statement. You can even add braids to make sure that it comes across as stylish.
Short Tapered Haircut
Tapered natural hair is suitable for those women who are looking for a short style but with several options to explore. With the right tools and products in this age and time, anything is possible – even short tapered hair. If this is something that you think will suit your fashion and lifestyle needs, you must definitely go right ahead for it.
Short Hair With Thick Curls
Women who have naturally thick and curly hair, are often complaining about how their curls are unruly to style. As a result of which, they end up straightening their own hair. They tend to feel that this is the only salvation that they have from their thick curls. However, that should actually not be the case. There is much more to thick curls than meets the eye. There are so many different ways through which, thick curly hair can actually be styled out.
Nape Undercut Short Hair
If you want to opt for a subtle take to your short curly hairstyle, then you must consider opting for the nape undercut style. In this, a small section of your hair will be shaved off. Under the nap undercut, the top of your neck will be shaved off. This will help you inject a simple yet aesthetically stylish look.
Blue Curls For Short Hair
Blue curly hair is perhaps a rare sight when it comes to short hairstyles for black women. Most women often avoiding going for extremely strong colors. Many are under the impression that such colors may damage their hair and it is, in fact, a very funky look. The good news is that we have reached such an age where products that cause minimum damage are now available for your use. There are now hair colors that will not damage those beautiful curls, sitting on top of your head. Blue hair color can actually look interesting if the right color tone has been used.
Curly Blonde Short Hair
If you want a feminine hairstyle that helps you show off your bold side, then you should maybe look at trying out the blonde curly hairstyle. It will help you give a laid-back yet elegant vibe. At the same time, if you do decide to settle in for the blonde curly hairstyle, then you must understand that it involves spending time and effort into maintaining it as well. Light shades can often damage your hair, even they are not your natural hair color. Therefore, you have to ensure that your hair gets all the nourishment possible.
5 Best Shampoo And Conditioner For Curly Hair
Managing curly hair is never easy, and finding the right shampoo and conditioner for frizzy hair is almost next to impossible. Because what works for others might not work for you. So L’Oréal Paris EverCurl brings the best shampoo and conditioner for curly hair.
L’Oréal Paris EverCurl is not the only sulfate-free, but it also quenches and gives your curly hair a soft look and touch. It is going to give your hair the type of care they crave because it is dye-free, paraben-free, vegan, and come without any gluten in it.
This shampoo & conditioner is going to keep your curly hair hydrated for 48 and after shampooing and conditioning your curly hair. You can go on with your life. You’re soft and lovely and shiny curls for the next 48 hours.
- Coconut oil is going to help your hair behave for the next 48 hours.
- 100% sulfate-free and also suitable for the dyed hair.
- A person who is using bleach can also use it without worrying about it’s affecting your hair color.
- If you can’t afford expensive hair products, then this one is budget-friendly.
- There are too many ingredients in this, so you have to go through every single thing to make sure that you are not allergic to anything.
Garnier Fructis Curl Nourish Shampoo & Conditioner and Butter Cream keep your hair moisturized for three days straight, and it doesn’t take away your natural hair moisture.
With its leave-in procedure, your curly hair is going to start behaving for the next 24 hours. Which is also going to make your curly hair stronger, smoother, and shinier
Garnier Curl Nourish shampoo and conditioner also got ingredients combination like glycerin and coconut oil, and it is sulfate-free, and in conditioner with this combination, it is paraben-free. So you don’t have to worry about any harmful effect on you because of it.
With the help of Vitamins B3 and B6, fruits, and plant originated extract, and with the help of its conditioner, this is going to make your curly hair healthy and stronger. It gives your dry hair the nourishment they require for your day-to-day life. You are providing your curls a natural and smooth look.
- It is sulfate-free, so you don’t have to worry about any harmful effects.
- It makes your hair behave for 24 hours.
- It is going to control your hair frizz even in 97% humidity.
- If your hair roots are damaged, it’s going to help repair and rebuild your hair roots.
- It makes some people’s hair dry and also sticky.
Tresemme flawless curls shampoo and conditioner keeps your hair hydrated, so your hair doesn’t look dry and dull. It also got Vitamin B1 in it, which is suitable for Curly and Wavy Hair.
For most people during the summertime, managing curly hair is almost next to impossible because their hair dries up very quickly. Humidity makes their hair start looking like a bush and soak their moisture. So Tresemme flawless curls give your hair the moisture they require during the summer.
If you got long and curly hair, this shampoo also helps you with that. You don’t have to worry about your hair getting tangled easily. The conditioner and shampoo help your hair not to get knotted.
Tresemme is one of the trusted brands and offers you keratin shampoo and conditioner. To keep every type of hair healthy.
- Got Vitamins B1 in it to help your wavy and curly hair.
- Best during the summertime to keep your hair moisturized.
- If you got 4b and 4c hair types, this is going to give your hair moisture they need and detangle them easily.
- This shampoo cleans your hair perfectly without leaving behind any residue.
- It’s got sulfate and silicone in it, which does the opposite of giving your moisture for some people. It makes their hair drier.
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Combination Pack – Curl & Shine Shampoo, Conditioner, Enhancing Smoothie
Shea shampoo, conditioner, enhancing smoothie benefits your curly hair by making them straight. With the help of Shea Curl & Shine the whole kit, now you can tame your untamable hair. It doesn’t matter if your hair is curly, thick, and heavy. What helps your hair is that Shea uses the Natural and organic ingredients in its products, which is also sulfate-free. Now you don’t have to worry about any chemical harming your hair.
With the help of Shea conditioner, which got hydrating silk proteins, it’s going to turn your dull-looking hair into shiny, smooth as silk, and they become easy — enhancing smoothie, which is a leave-in cream going to help you detangle your hair very easily.
Everyone can use these products men, women, boys, girls.
- It’s going to help your hair become more manageable.
- It’s going to make your hair bouncy, shiny, smoother, and silkier.
- These products also smell good, unlike other products.
- It mostly got every single ingredient in it is organic and natural.
- It is too expensive for some people so not everyone can afford it.
DevaCurl is one of the best for curly hair. With the help of its No-Poo original, which made of peppermint and grapeseed oil It’s going to help you clean your scalp without taking away it’s natural moisture from your curly hair. It’s going to keep your hair always hydrated.
With the help of DevaCurl conditioner, your hair going to get the nourishment they need. It’s going to make your look healthier, shinier softer; your hair won’t be frizzy because it got olive oil and botanicals, which helps your hair get this look.
This combo pack also comes with a DevaTowel with the help of this towel. You can dry your curly hair without making them frizzy it’s going to help your curls stay in its natural look.
- DevaCurl is sulfate-free, silicone-free, vegan, wheat-free, and cruelty-free. Which going to help your hair from any harmful effects.
- You can also use it on your kid’s hair.
- It doesn’t take away your natural hair oils.
- The scent of this product is of Turkish Rose and Peppermint gives you the sense of feeling cleaner.
Short hairstyles for black women are perhaps one of the greatest decisions taken in the history of splendid hairstyles in this category. With the help of the right expert advice and appropriate tools and products, you can certainly rock your favorite short curly look. In case you feel like you’ve made a mistake, don’t worry. You can always go back and change your look. However, once you get the right look, you will never feel like going back to your natural hairstyle.